WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A Forsyth County jury ruled Monday that a home-warranty company’s actions did not lead to the death of a Greensboro man from carbon monoxide poisoning in 2008.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported that Forsyth County resident Paula K. Gregory filed a wrongful-death lawsuit in 2010 in Forsyth Superior Court on behalf of her son, Darryl Gregory Jr.
Darryl Gregory and his friend, Monique L. Carpenter, died Nov. 14, 2008, at his house in Greensboro.
Paula Gregory alleged in her lawsuit that Old Republic Home Protection, a home-warranty company based in California, failed to investigate Windham Heating and Air Conditioning in Stokes County before hiring the company to fix Gregory’s furnace.
Gregory had complained numerous times to Willie McKinney, who was Gregory’s landlord.